- Degree Overview
- Special Programs
- Student Resources
- Get Involved
- Professional & Career Resources
- New Students
- Degree Overview
- Student Resources
- Financial Support
- Graduate Student Directory
Scholarships & Fellowships for Graduate Students
Students are automatically considered by the department for these awards if eligible. No separate application is required.
Dean's Scholarship: Masters Degree in Computer Science
This highly competitive scholarship reduces the tuition of out-of-state residents to the in-state amount for all 30 credit hours of the master's degree program in computer science. Awardees are required to produce a thesis and also work approximately 5 hours per week doing tutoring or grading for the department. Awards may be offered to students after their first semester of enrollment, based on GPA, test scores and willingness to commit to thesis research. Scholarship awards are no longer offered to newly admitted M.S. students.
- Eligibility: University fellowships are open to new students not currently or previously enrolled at IUPUI or IU. To be eligible for the University Fellowship, candidates must have a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores in the 80th percentile with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or equivalent.
- Stipend: Minimum $23,000 per year and include the standard allowances for tuition remission and health insurance.
- Duration: 1 year.
- Awarded in the Fall semester only (those applying for spring admission are not eligible).
- The department selects nominees from the pool of applicants to sent to the campus for consideration. There is no separate application required in order to be considered for nomination for the University Fellowship; all applications that are fully complete (including official GRE scores) by January 15th will be automatically considered.
International Student Grant Program
- April 1 (Fall semester)
- November 1 (Spring semester)
The International Student Grant program provides scholarships to international undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students who have a strong academic record and who are experiencing severe financial hardship. Award amounts vary. The student must hold F-1 or J-1 student visa status, be assessed tuition at the out-of-state rate, and have completed at least two semesters of full-time coursework at IUPUI at the time the award begins. For more information, contact the Office of International Affairs at (317) 274-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Noyce Transition to Teaching Scholarship
The Robert Noyce Transition to Teaching Scholarship program (T2T) provides $12,000 stipends for career-changers or college graduates who wish to become certified math or science teachers, and agree to teach in high-need school districts for two years. The T2T program is highly selective and rigorous, with hours of embedded field placement.
Robert Noyce Scholarship recipients are awarded on the basis of academic merit, with consideration given to the established financial need and diversity of applicants in the program. To be considered, applicants must be admitted to the IUPUI's One-Calendar-Year Transition to Teaching program in the School of Education, and must hold a bachelor degree (or adequate content course work preparation) in biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences/geology, mathematics, engineering, or technology. Learn more.
GK-12 Urban Educators Program at IUPUI
The GK-12 Urban Educators Program at IUPUI is a partnership between the IUPUI School of Science, the IU School of Medicine, and the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS). GK-12 Fellows are research graduate students (M.S. or Ph.D.), who dedicate 15 hours per week in nearby school classrooms, grades 6-12, working with a science teacher partner to bring excitement of research into the science classroom or outdoor laboratory. Learn more.
- IU GradGrants Center: The GradGrants Center (GGC) is a free service that provides Indiana University graduate students with one-on-one assistance with grant proposal writing (by appointment) and a centralized area to access funding information.
- External Graduate School Funding Opportunities
- IUPUI Office of Student Financial Services
- IUPUI Office of Student Scholarships
- IUPUI Office of International Affairs