Live & Learn DowntownIUPUI's campus is at the center of it all in Indianapolis, Indiana - the 13th largest city in the United States with a population of 1.8 million.
Occupying 510 acres, the IUPUI campus borders the Downtown Canal & White River State Park, 2 of Indianapolis' 6 cultural districts. IUPUI's mission is to advance the State of Indiana and the intellectual growth of its citizens to the highest levels nationally and internationally through research and creative activity, teaching and learning, and civic engagement.
- IUPUI enrolls more than 30,000 students representing all 50 states and 146 countries
- IUPUI's urban environment and modern facilities provide an outstanding and exciting setting for study, research, internships, civic engagement, and the cultural benefits of a vibrant metropolitan center
- Parents and students love the IUPUI campus and say it's "friendly," "positive," and "welcoming."
Downtown Indy provides infinite opportunities
Known as the "Crossroads of America," Indianapolis is also home to prestigious international companies such as Eli Lilly, Roche Diagnostics, and Dow AgroSciences. The city is host to the Indianapolis 500, the world's largest children's museum, the Heartland Film Festival, Black Expo, Indy Jazz Fest -- and still small enough to exemplify Midwestern hospitality, with flavorful cultural districts, and a strong sense of community.
- IUPUI is an urban research and life and health sciences institution near 5 hospitals and the Indiana University schools of medicine, dentistry and nursing
- Campus is within walking distance of eclectic restaurants, shopping centers, and entertainment providing easy access to all the possibilities and excitement of its urban setting
- IUPUI is located just 2 blocks from the Indiana State Capital, and adjacent to Military Park and the White River State Park (home of the Indianapolis Indians at Victory Field, the Indiana State Museum, the Eiteljorg Museum and the Indianapolis Zoo)